Monday, 1:00 – 2:00 pm
When laying out your InDesign documents, you want to look at the most efficient way to build your pages so that you’re not wasting valuable time. A well built document can mean the difference between a 10 minute update and a two hour update! Many designers shy away from styles and master pages because they don’t understand how they truly work or how to take advantage of them to their fullest. In this session we will talk about how to make the most out of your InDesign styles, touching on ways to push them by taking advantage of nested styles, GREP styles and table styles. You’ll also see how to make the most of master pages, how they work, and how to make them work for you! After all, Master Pages are just styles for your pages in InDesign.
- When to use a character style (and when not to!)
- Basing one style on another for maximum efficiency
- What to put on a master page (and how to deal with exceptions)
- How to use these crazy table styles
- How to build nested and GREP styles